Skip to main content

The Rainbow

God is a keeper of His word. What He say, He will do. "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness" (2 Peter 3:9).

To Noah and his sons the promise was made that never again would the earth be destroyed by water. As a token of that vow, God said, "I do set My bow in the clouds..."

His bow?

In the Revelation, at the beginning of chapter 4, John relates this scene:
"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And He that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald" (verses 1-3).
No matter how bad the rain gets, God will never destroy the entire world with a flood. Every time I see clouds, I should by faith look for a rainbow. If I can't see it, someone can. And even when there are no clouds in the sky and not a drop of rain is falling, I can be assured that God will keep His promise: for a rainbow surrounds His throne.

This promise stands true even during life's storms. No matter how dreary the day; no matter how heavy your sorrow; no matter how imperfect you are; no matter how much of your life is crashing in on you -- it will never get so bad as to swallow you up; for a rainbow surrounds God's throne.
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Look by faith into heaven, and see the rainbow around the Father's throne. 

For He is faithful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Me

In family worship, we have reading from the book of Ezekiel. There are a lot of deep and awesome truths found in that book, some of which unlock other controversies that we have yet to understand. Throughout the coming weeks, I will write about the book of Ezekiel based on various points my family members bring out each night. I pray that you will blessed.   I was lost, but now am found. But who found me? Who was looking for me? "For thus saith the Lord God; 'Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.' " (Ezekiel 34:11) And why does He want to find me ? "As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out My sheep , and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." (Ezekiel 34:12) And as my favorite Scripture says, "I have called you by your name; you are Mine " (Isaiah 43:1). The Cloudy and Dark Day It i

My Birthday Project

This month, PlugIn2God is focusing on witnessing for Christ. Incidentally, I am going to be celebrating my sixteenth birthday this month. Now typically, sixteenth birthdays are huge extravaganzas that rival even the best weddings. In failing to come up with something "big" or "exciting", I decided to forget about the party. I decided to undertake a mission project for this month. Here are the details: I am asking for Bibles, copies of Steps to Christ , and monetary donations. The literature may be new or used; the only condition is that the "used" is usable and in good condition. The material will be given to one of the following organizations:  Maranatha Volunteers International ; Bibles Unbound ; or African Youth Ministries .   .  Donations will be accepted for the entire month of September. It will help me to complete my Literature Evangelism honor for Pathfinders. It will help you begin your journey as a gospel-giving Christian! To find out whe