Skip to main content

God is Not Exclusive.

As I was doing my devotion, I came across this passage:
"In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction. In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD. And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them. 
And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it. And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them. 
In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians. 
In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land: Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance."
I was amazed as I read and watched God engendering Himself to a "foreign people". After all, was not Israel His chosen generation and royal priesthood? (Exodus 19.) Yet God desires to take unto Himself all people.

When a group of Greeks came to the disciples with the great desire to see the Master, Jesus took the opportunity to explain the great plan of salvation -- that He must die, and be raised; that He must regain possession of this earth; and that by doing all this, He would gain the victory for Himself and for humanity. "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" (John 12:32, emphasis added).

So here are some facts about Christ's true church:
God has made the way -- He has paved the path -- for all people to be His people. Will you accept the mercy of God, and enter the city of refuge?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Me

In family worship, we have reading from the book of Ezekiel. There are a lot of deep and awesome truths found in that book, some of which unlock other controversies that we have yet to understand. Throughout the coming weeks, I will write about the book of Ezekiel based on various points my family members bring out each night. I pray that you will blessed.   I was lost, but now am found. But who found me? Who was looking for me? "For thus saith the Lord God; 'Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.' " (Ezekiel 34:11) And why does He want to find me ? "As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out My sheep , and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." (Ezekiel 34:12) And as my favorite Scripture says, "I have called you by your name; you are Mine " (Isaiah 43:1). The Cloudy and Dark Day It i

My Birthday Project

This month, PlugIn2God is focusing on witnessing for Christ. Incidentally, I am going to be celebrating my sixteenth birthday this month. Now typically, sixteenth birthdays are huge extravaganzas that rival even the best weddings. In failing to come up with something "big" or "exciting", I decided to forget about the party. I decided to undertake a mission project for this month. Here are the details: I am asking for Bibles, copies of Steps to Christ , and monetary donations. The literature may be new or used; the only condition is that the "used" is usable and in good condition. The material will be given to one of the following organizations:  Maranatha Volunteers International ; Bibles Unbound ; or African Youth Ministries .   .  Donations will be accepted for the entire month of September. It will help me to complete my Literature Evangelism honor for Pathfinders. It will help you begin your journey as a gospel-giving Christian! To find out whe