Skip to main content

Sexism in God's Eyes

Originally, God made men and women to be equal. So the people who "always say 'man and woman' were created equal" are right. It is also correct that because of sin and imperfection, that is no longer the case. After sin, women were given two curses (according to Genesis 3:16):
  1. Pain with childbirth
  2. Superiority of husband
From that time onward, women have always had a slightly lower status because Eve proved that we can't be left alone (and whether we wish to believe that or not, it is true). 

However, we are all still equal in worth. God does not change His behavior based on the gender He is working with. Though we see that the majority of the Bible is focused on men due to culture, there were definitely women worth mentioning-- Rahab, Ruth, Esther, Phoebe, Chloe, Miriam, Zipporah, Lydia, the female followers of Jesus, etc. And I'm quite sure that God used women in other scenarios, too, who simply were not mentioned, just as there are some males who played active roles but were not mentioned.

Lastly, though in a marital relationship the husband has superiority, they are still both equal (difficult concept, yes, but entirely infallible because it's in God's Word).
  • Ephesians 5:22-29 shows that the superiority of the husband does not give way to abuse or arrogance, while explaining why wives should respect their husbands:
"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the body is subject to Christ, so let the wives be [subject] to their own husbands in everything.
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her... So husbands ought to loves their wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself."
  • 1 Corinthians 7:4 states the equality of married couples:
"The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise, the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does."
I will admit that as a race, humans have distorted God's plan-- both plan A and plan B. Now we have sexism, feminists movements, and so forth. If we would all just realize that both and female are made in the likeness of the Almighty, and that He has put into motion plans that will benefit us in the long run, we would be better off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Me

In family worship, we have reading from the book of Ezekiel. There are a lot of deep and awesome truths found in that book, some of which unlock other controversies that we have yet to understand. Throughout the coming weeks, I will write about the book of Ezekiel based on various points my family members bring out each night. I pray that you will blessed.   I was lost, but now am found. But who found me? Who was looking for me? "For thus saith the Lord God; 'Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.' " (Ezekiel 34:11) And why does He want to find me ? "As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out My sheep , and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." (Ezekiel 34:12) And as my favorite Scripture says, "I have called you by your name; you are Mine " (Isaiah 43:1). The Cloudy and Dark Day It i

My Birthday Project

This month, PlugIn2God is focusing on witnessing for Christ. Incidentally, I am going to be celebrating my sixteenth birthday this month. Now typically, sixteenth birthdays are huge extravaganzas that rival even the best weddings. In failing to come up with something "big" or "exciting", I decided to forget about the party. I decided to undertake a mission project for this month. Here are the details: I am asking for Bibles, copies of Steps to Christ , and monetary donations. The literature may be new or used; the only condition is that the "used" is usable and in good condition. The material will be given to one of the following organizations:  Maranatha Volunteers International ; Bibles Unbound ; or African Youth Ministries .   .  Donations will be accepted for the entire month of September. It will help me to complete my Literature Evangelism honor for Pathfinders. It will help you begin your journey as a gospel-giving Christian! To find out whe