Skip to main content

GYC 2013 and PlugIn2God 2014: "Before Men and Angels"

In one week, my mom and I will be attending the 2013 convention for Generation of Youth for Christ.

Do you know what a miracle that is?

God is doing and will continue to do marvelous things. I praise Him for His faithfulness in spite of my neglecting His work (like this ministry).

The focus of GYC 2013 is "Before Men and Angels." It is based on 1 Corinthians 4:9, which describes the universal impact of the Great Controversy between God and Satan.
1 Corinthians 4:9  For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
That is going to be the PlugIn2God theme for 2014. Our role in the Great Controversy is bigger than accepting Jesus' death on the cross. It goes beyond the cross. Only when we recognize this will we be fit to bear the cross and appeal to other to take up their cross and follow their Savior.
2 Corinthians 5:14-21  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:  (15)  And that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.  (16)  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we Him no more.  (17)  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  (18)  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  (19)  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.  (20)  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  (21)  For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Me

In family worship, we have reading from the book of Ezekiel. There are a lot of deep and awesome truths found in that book, some of which unlock other controversies that we have yet to understand. Throughout the coming weeks, I will write about the book of Ezekiel based on various points my family members bring out each night. I pray that you will blessed.   I was lost, but now am found. But who found me? Who was looking for me? "For thus saith the Lord God; 'Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.' " (Ezekiel 34:11) And why does He want to find me ? "As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out My sheep , and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." (Ezekiel 34:12) And as my favorite Scripture says, "I have called you by your name; you are Mine " (Isaiah 43:1). The Cloudy and Dark Day It i

My Birthday Project

This month, PlugIn2God is focusing on witnessing for Christ. Incidentally, I am going to be celebrating my sixteenth birthday this month. Now typically, sixteenth birthdays are huge extravaganzas that rival even the best weddings. In failing to come up with something "big" or "exciting", I decided to forget about the party. I decided to undertake a mission project for this month. Here are the details: I am asking for Bibles, copies of Steps to Christ , and monetary donations. The literature may be new or used; the only condition is that the "used" is usable and in good condition. The material will be given to one of the following organizations:  Maranatha Volunteers International ; Bibles Unbound ; or African Youth Ministries .   .  Donations will be accepted for the entire month of September. It will help me to complete my Literature Evangelism honor for Pathfinders. It will help you begin your journey as a gospel-giving Christian! To find out whe