Skip to main content

SEM Spelling Cards

This school year, my brothers and I are utilizing the curriculum created by Sonlight Education Ministry (SEM; http://sonlighteducation.com/). It is an absolutely AWESOME program; I simply love it. It is Bible-based, -centered, and -directed. It cannot be rivaled even by a non-Christian curriculum (personal opinion). It is entirely obvious that the creators were led by God while putting together this program.

At this time, they are out of business; but are working to put all of their material in a free-distribution format (PDFs, MP3s, etc.). That is actually how we obtained what we do have. They currently have three downloads available, and they are working on the fourth. Their catalogue ("Road Map and Route") outlines how the program works.

In any case, in the first download, you can find a book entitled "Spelling from the Scriptures"; it is basically the spelling book. This is where you can find the beautiful spelling card format used in the video below. I strongly encourage you to download and use the format for use in Sabbath School, Bible class, home school, or rainy day fun. It is awesome to research and learn what the Bible means and says to me personally. Whatever word or verse that I have a question about, I look it up. As an example, this morning during worship, my brothers asked about the verse that says "pray without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:16). So I told them that for their schoolwork today, they would write a spelling card on either "pray" or "cease". Basic premise: do some research to answer your questions. =)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Me

In family worship, we have reading from the book of Ezekiel. There are a lot of deep and awesome truths found in that book, some of which unlock other controversies that we have yet to understand. Throughout the coming weeks, I will write about the book of Ezekiel based on various points my family members bring out each night. I pray that you will blessed.   I was lost, but now am found. But who found me? Who was looking for me? "For thus saith the Lord God; 'Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.' " (Ezekiel 34:11) And why does He want to find me ? "As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out My sheep , and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." (Ezekiel 34:12) And as my favorite Scripture says, "I have called you by your name; you are Mine " (Isaiah 43:1). The Cloudy and Dark Day It i

Remember the Titans: Remember the Leaders

     In life, there is a need for leaders—persons who will take up responsibility and be the trendsetters that others can follow. As Reed Markham, PhD, stated, “ Successful leaders see the opportunity in every difficulty rather than the difficulty in every opportunity”. “Remember the Titans” is an inspiring movie that teaches the truth about leadership and positive influence.      Among the many examples of leadership portrayed in this movie is Gerry Bertier, captain of the TC Williams football team. Gerry showed qualities of leadership by taking charge and following through with his responsibility. One of the ways he did this was by dropping Ray, his best friend, from the team due to the fact that Ray was not playing defensively on behalf of his Negro teammates, which resulted in the injury of one of them. Even though this decision threatened his friendship with Ray, Gerry still fulfilled his responsibility. Another quality of leadership Gerry shows is open-mindedness; he connected to