Sunday, December 11, 2011

What Do I Need? -- Part 4

I have been impressed to do a series of posts on the basic necessities of twenty-first century life. Why?  Because independent living means that doing all of that stuff on our own, we need to know exactly what to consider.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heat.
All I have to say is wood cook stove. Why?

  • So long as my land is properly forested, I can supply my own fuel.
  • I can prepare food (hence the name).
  • I can warm my house. All of it.
  • I can heat my water.
  • I can bake.
  • I can dehydrate my foods.
  • Et Cetera...
You don't have to believe me: but I have evidence (Exhibit A; Exhibit B; Exhibit C). 

That being said, I encourage you to purchase the following instructional DVD: Getting Started with Wood Cook Stoves: A Hands-On Introduction by Mountain Media Ministries. It is a quality investment.

However, there are precautions that have to be taken when using wood and open fires. Listed below are some resources:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?"
~Ecclesiastes 4:11~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your voice, your opinion: Don't be afraid to share! :)