Skip to main content

You Are Royalty! (Part 1)

1 Peter 2:9 - "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light..."
(emphasis added)


---------------------


You are royalty: but, can others tell? Are you different from others; do you stand out? What message are you sending by your clothing, your conduct, and your character?


Clothing:
Sight is possibly the most-used sense. We first look at our food to decide if it is worth eating. When you meet someone, the first thing you typically do is look at them. So what about when others meet you? When others see that way you dress, the way in which you carry yourself, what message are they reading? Are you telling them that you are royalty? Or are you giving them the impression that you are simply a piece of trash sitting around waiting to be trampled on? Or, perhaps, are you saying that you are willing to give your all until there is nothing left?


Now often, the subject of dress is directed at women. This is proper because females often fail when it come down to this key point. Today, women young and old are seen dressing in a rather provocative and sensual manner; or, if not that, their dress is gaudy and heavily adorned. Revealing clothing does not say, "I deserve respect." No, quite the contrary: "I am open to the public. I hope you like what you see!" Make-up and jewelry do not say, "I am of royal blood; I am important." Rather, the message is "I am not comfortable with my natural beauty" or "I need this to look good". By tainting your natural beauty, you are not saying that you belong to Christ.
"The apostle [Peter] exhorted the women in the faith to be chaste in conversation and modest in dress and deportment. 'Whose adorning,' he counseled, 'let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.' " Acts of the Apostles p. 523, Ellen G. White.


However, there are also males who are either full of themselves or who do not have any regard for themselves. To these two groups I say to REFOCUS. It's is not all about you, whether you wish for all to bow upon your arrival or you don't care what anyone thinks of you. Both extremes are flawed. As children of the King, we ought to carry ourselves as those who are worth something, yet not as though we are king ourselves.


"The lesson applies to believers in every age. 'By their fruits ye shall know them.' Matthew 7:20. The inward adorning of a meek and quiet spirit is priceless. In the life of the true Christian the outward adorning is always in harmony with the inward peace and holiness. 'If any man will come after Me,' Christ said, 'let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.' Matthew 16:24. Self-denial and sacrifice will mark the Christian’s life. Evidence that the taste is converted will be seen in the dress of all who walk in the path cast up for the ransomed of the Lord." Ibid.


"Christians will be judged by the fruit they bear. The true child of God will be neat and clean. While we are to guard against needless adornment and display, we are in no case to be careless and indifferent in regard to outward appearance. All about our persons and our homes is to be neat and attractive. The youth are to be taught the importance of presenting an appearance above criticism, an appearance that honors God and the truth." Counsels on Health, p. 102, Ellen G. White


When we dress, we should be able to honestly say that, yes, we deserve the respect of others. The only thing for which we should ask but yet do not deserve is salvation. Aside from that, we must do are best to command the respect we deserve, but do so in such a manner that we actually obtain it. All men and women are deserving of respect: but few of them actually show -- or even believe -- that they truly are. Yet, as those of royal blood, we must dress in such a manner that our appearance alone demands respect.


---------------------






Oh, yes, oh yes, I'm a child of the King

His royal blood now flows in my veins.

And I who was wretched and poor now can sing,

"Praise God, praise God, I'm a child of the King!"


See what the Bible has to say:  http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans/clothing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Me

In family worship, we have reading from the book of Ezekiel. There are a lot of deep and awesome truths found in that book, some of which unlock other controversies that we have yet to understand. Throughout the coming weeks, I will write about the book of Ezekiel based on various points my family members bring out each night. I pray that you will blessed.   I was lost, but now am found. But who found me? Who was looking for me? "For thus saith the Lord God; 'Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.' " (Ezekiel 34:11) And why does He want to find me ? "As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out My sheep , and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." (Ezekiel 34:12) And as my favorite Scripture says, "I have called you by your name; you are Mine " (Isaiah 43:1). The Cloudy and Dark Day It i

My Birthday Project

This month, PlugIn2God is focusing on witnessing for Christ. Incidentally, I am going to be celebrating my sixteenth birthday this month. Now typically, sixteenth birthdays are huge extravaganzas that rival even the best weddings. In failing to come up with something "big" or "exciting", I decided to forget about the party. I decided to undertake a mission project for this month. Here are the details: I am asking for Bibles, copies of Steps to Christ , and monetary donations. The literature may be new or used; the only condition is that the "used" is usable and in good condition. The material will be given to one of the following organizations:  Maranatha Volunteers International ; Bibles Unbound ; or African Youth Ministries .   .  Donations will be accepted for the entire month of September. It will help me to complete my Literature Evangelism honor for Pathfinders. It will help you begin your journey as a gospel-giving Christian! To find out whe